The story behind TradeGecko’s USD 10m Series B announcementAgustus 1, 2018
Over the last 15 years we’ve been witness to a boom in the founding of companies creating innovative products from amazing companies like Away, Bonobos, Warby Parker… the list goes on. The barriers of entry to building a global commerce brand are coming down for several key reasons:
- Capital is more accessible with platforms like Indiegogo, CircleUp and Kickstarter
- Accessing customer markets is easier than ever with online advertising platforms like Facebook, Instagram and Google AdWords
- Selling has become streamlined with marketplaces like Amazon, eBay, Etsy, etc.
- Building a beautiful, direct-to-consumer retail experience is simpler than ever with off- the-shelf technology like Apple Pay, Shopify and Square.
As a business owner, you know that creating and distributing great products is foundational to your business, but too much of your time is still spent in paperwork – on the operations and logistics side of your business. Too often, the reason you started the business ends up being overwhelmed by the day-to-day logistics of operating your company.
At TradeGecko we understand this challenge and every day we ask ourselves:
- How can we empower more people to become entrepreneurs and do what they are uniquely great at?
- How can we make managing a growing commerce business an easy, enjoyable process?
- How can we help business owners utilize their business data to make better decisions?
These are just some of the questions that we’ve been working to answer, by building beautiful, easy to use software that simplifies the entire back-end operations of running a commerce brand. Today we’re announcing that TradeGecko has raised USD 10M in a Series B investment round, bringing us to over USD 20M raised to date. Led by TNB Aura Fund 1 and Aura Venture Fund, with Perle Ventures and 33 Capital, we’re using this additional capital to expand the team, enhance our product suite and allow us to better serve you by helping to build the businesses of your dreams. This is a significant event in the history of TradeGecko, but it is only a milestone on the road to bigger and better things. From our humble beginnings in 2012, we’ve grown from a team of 3 to 95 presently serving over 15,000 users in 90 countries; in the last year we’ve enabled our customers to process over USD 2B in gross merchandise volume.
Read the complete press release
TradeGecko has created and fostered a cloud ecosystem that brings the power of Amazon’s supply chain technology to small and medium businesses. Within the last six months, we’ve extended our supply chain ecosystem by bringing our total partner count to 1,800, adding 20 new integrations and greatly expanding our product functionality, including:
- An enhanced B2B eCommerce store
- Comprehensive reporting & intelligence
- Workflow automation through TradeGecko Connect
- Advanced pricing management
- Barcode receiving and printing for warehouse employees
- A smoother checkout experience for online payments
Although this Series B announcement is one to be proud of, our story is still in its infancy.
Delivering value around the world:
The primary purpose of this round was to rapidly grow our engineering, customer support and sales teams around the world and continue to accelerate product development.
As we look to further the democratization of supply chain management, we recognize that you need a robust platform to not only manage your day-to-day operations in inventory and order management, but one that also allows you to easily manage customer relationships, multichannel sales, shipping, fulfillment, warehouse management, procurement and provide accessible analytics that can help you make better decisions. We will be making significant product investments in these areas both on the TradeGecko platform and with our ecosystem partners.
Going forward you’ll see us invest in areas of TradeGecko that you love:
- The center of your business: Today we help you manage all of your inventory, orders, invoicing and payments. We plan to push the envelope in automating and streamlining all of your key workflows in TradeGecko.
- Helping you grow: We currently help you sell in the top eCommerce stores and marketplaces and help you get paid faster with TradeGecko Payments. We will be building additional integrations and product improvements in these key areas.
- Learning faster: We help you make smart decisions with TradeGecko Intelligence. This is an important focus area in the coming months and stay tuned for additional capabilities to help you manage your business more effectively.
Above all, I’d like to thank our customers, our investors & advisors, our partners and of course our tremendous employees and their families. It truly does take a village, and I’m proud to say that the TradeGecko village is growing.
If you or someone you know would like to help drive increased innovation and creativity in the world, we’re hiring. Check out our latest job postings here!
CEO & Co-Founder
Original article appeared on tradegecko.